Dog as playful pets would be jumping all over you, finding affecting from you in return, and as a result, you will be seeing scratches not just all over your body. The dog nails also as they grow old will be stuck with dirt. As part of animal nature, claws are needed to hunt, climb and for self-defense but since are dog pets are also domesticated, they should no longer have sharp, long nails that could also damage all over the house, thus, the need to cut and trim their nails. However, cutting a dog’s nails in not like humans. You do not have control over your dog’s behavior when cutting or trimming their nails. At the end part of a dog’s nail there are blood vessels and never endings called “quick” that when cut, the dog would bleed. Using an ordinary nail cutter would not help as the quick is hard to be viewed with a naked eye. While a nail cutter would be the fastest way to cut your dog’s nails, but for those who are afraid that they might cut the quick and let their dogs bleed, then electric dog nail grinders could be the best for you. Having said this, let me give you the best electric dog nail trimmers & clippers out in the market, as well as the pros and cons of each product.
• Many speed options
• Quite and convenient for dogs
• Excellent customers reviews
➜ CHECK THE CURRENT PRICE
Casfuy Electric Dog Nail Grinder (Upgraded Model)
According to its product description, this is a light-weight electric nail grinder that uses a diamond bit drill grinder to grind a dog’s nail slowly but more precised. Automatic diamond bit grinders are safer, more robust and more corrosion resistant, that reduces the probability of over cutting. There are two switches for the speed. The low speed switch could be used for soft or short nails of your pooch while the high-speed switch could be used for hard and long nails of your dog. There are also 3 types of grinding ports for different nail sizes. It is very quiet with only around 40 decibels and low vibration since vibrations are not good psychologically for dogs. This is also wireless with a rechargeable built-in battery that lasts up to three hours of use for every two full hours of charging. There is also an indicator light at the bottom front of the electric grinder that is turned on when charging.
- Pros: can be used for dog nails of small. Medium or large sizes, quiet trimmer with low vibration, has switches for grinding small or soft nails and hard or large nails, wireless and rechargeable battery.
- Cons: There is no LED light to determine the location of the quick and a little bit pricier compared to other dog nail grinders
Hertzko Electric Dog Nail Grinder
Another lightweight automatic dog nail grinder that also uses a diamond bit drill grinder with three different ports for small, medium and large dog nails. The largest port can be used by removing the protective cap off the grinder for a larger grinder surface. This is also small and portable. Also, the grinder is wireless and with rechargeable battery but based on reviews, the battery does not last long and one cannot determine if the nail trimmer is already fully charged. This electric grinder is also very quiet just like the first one. This also gives instruction on how to clean the grinder as stated in the outer packaging.
- Pros: This automatic trimmer can be used for nails of small, medium or large size. The noise of the grinder is also reduced. This is cheaper compared to other dog nail grinders and is also rechargeable.
- Cons: The grinder does not indicate if it is already fully charged and there is no speed switch from slow to fast.
Viixm Automatic Dog Nail Trimmer
This electric dog nail clipper also uses diamond bit and has also switches for slow and fast grinding of dog nails. The motor of the nail clipper is also quiet with around 40 decibels or less, and reduced vibration. There are also three ports that can be used for nails that are small, medium or large. The largest port can also be used by removing the protective cap of the automatic grinder for larger grinder surface. This also uses a built-in rechargeable battery that can be charged using a USB cable. This on the other hand has light indicators of different colors: red light to tell if the grinder is already battery empty, blue light to tell if it is charging and green light to show that it is already fully charged. It also has longer operating hours, which is for about eight hours of continuous use for every two hours of full charging. The package also includes a cleaning brush to easily complete the trimming process!
- Pros: This can also trim small, medium and large nails. This dog electric grinder is also quiet and with reduced vibration. This uses a built-in rechargeable battery. There is an LED light with 3 colors to indicate if the trimmer is already batter empty, charging or fully charged already. With full charge, this could last up to 8 hours of use. It comes with a cleaning brush after grinding
- Cons: This is considered a mid to high-priced electric dog nail trimmer
Pecute Automatic Dog Nail Clipper
This electric dog nail clipper has two switches for speed and specifically indicates in its product description that is has 6000 to 6800 rpm. Same with almost all automatic trimmers reviewed here, this has three ports to grind small, medium and large nails. The large port can be accessed by also removing the protective cap off the grinder for a larger grinding surface. The battery is also rechargeable using a USB cable but the LED light indicator is also only for charging purposes and does not tell if the grinder is already fully charged. Its full charging time is shorter, which is for about an hour, and can be used continuously for about four hours. However, the noise of this electric dog nail grinder is a little bit louder, which is about 50 decibels, compared to the other dog nail grinders that only have 40 decibels or less.
- Pros: This automatic clipper can be used for small, medium and large nails. This is also with built-in rechargeable battery and needs a shorter period of time to charge.
- Cons: It has a loud noise and without full charge indicator.
Razoo Electric Dog Nail Trimmer
This electric dog nail trimmer also has switches for slow and fast grinding. It also uses a diamond bit grinder and has three ports for small. Medium and large nails. Among all the automatic dog nail grinders out in the market, this could have the longest usage hours for about ten hours for a full charge. Its LED battery display is also superb as its battery life is digitally indicated at 100 percentage for a full charge. However, it also has a little bit louder motor, for about 50 decibels, compared to other electronic dog nail clippers.
- Pros: This can be used for small. Medium and large nails. This uses a built-in rechargeable battery and has a longer usage time for a full charge with digital battery display.
- Cons: This has a loud noise.
Dremel 7300-PT 4.8V Cordless Dog Nail Grooming & Grinding Tool
This could be one of the most expensive electric dog nail grinders among in the list. This also had switches for speed, one at 6000 rpm and the faster switch at 13000 rpm. Unlike other automatic dog clippers in the list, this one uses a replaceable 60-grit sanding drum that is a bit irritating for the dog due to a sandier feel compared to diamond grit grinders. The battery lasts only up to 3 hours of usage for every full charge.
- Pros: The speed switch has a faster rpm compared to other grinders
- Cons: This uses a more irritating sand drum and for a high-end priced electronic dog nail grinder, this has a shorter usage period.
Zerhunt Electric Dog Nail Clipper
While this automatic dog nail clipper also uses a diamond bit drill, this has instead four ports for even explicable large nails. This trimmer comes with a nail cutter that is used to cut the dog nails first before using a grinder to smoothen up the nails’ sharp edges. There is also a dog nail file that comes along in the package. This is also a quiet type grinder with around 40 decibels, and the built-in battery is rechargeable too.
- Pros: This automatic dog nail clipper comes in complete set with cutter and nail file. The fourth port can be used for extreme large nails
- Cons: This grinder has no speed switch and full charge indicator
I-Pure Automatic Dog Nail Grinder for Large Dogs with LED
This electric grinder also has two speed switched and three ports for different nail sizes. This stands out because it has an LED light source that enables the light to travel through the claw nail and the position of the quick within the claw nail can be detected. The dog’s nail can then be trimmed without cutting the quick. It also uses instead a more durable emery grinding wheel head. However, this electronic dog clippers are the noisiest among the list, with 60 decibels or less, which your dog may find inconvenient. The rechargeable grinder can also be used for a maximum of 3 hours for every 2 hours of full charge.
- Pros: with LED light to observe the quick, can be used for dogs of different sizes, conveniently rechargeable
- Cons: noisier compared to other dog electric grinders, without full charge indicator