If you use an AirTag for your pet, you know how inconvenient it is to put one on your dog. That’s why AirTag dog collars have become so popular. The problem? There are SO many options out there that it’s hard to know which ones are actually worth buying. Don’t worry; I’ll help take some of the guesswork out of the task for you! I tried out a bunch of different ones and narrowed your choices down to my favorites for my best AirTag dog collar list below.
Table of Contents
Best AirTag Dog Collars in 2023
AirTag tracks pretty accurately and you do not need to pay a monthly subscription to use it, which makes it so attractive to pet parents.
That said before we start I have to mention something. While many dog owners are happy with using AirTag for tracking pets, Apple states that the AirTag is not recommended for monitoring pets. So, if your dog goes missing and the AirTag doesn’t help you find them (or shows the wrong location), they will not accept responsibility.
If you decide to use AirTag to track your dog anyway (or use it as a backup to an actual dog GPS tracker), at least make sure you’re using a good AirTag holder to keep it secured to your dog. Any of these options below would work well.
Two quick notes before we dive in: I used affiliate links for the dog collars that I recommend below. If you buy anything through these links, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Second, none of these collars come with the AirTag, so you’ll have to buy it separately. Check Amazon for the current price.
1. Albion AirTag Collar
Albion is my top choice among AirTag dog collars. Not only is it made from high-quality materials, but is also available in multiple sizes. You can even have your pet’s name engraved on a pet ID tag for free!
In addition, the Albion AirTag dog collar is “adventure-proof,” meaning it protects your AirTag even when your dog is highly active. You don’t have to worry about it slipping off or breaking while you’re on the go.
The collar is made of real leather and has a fashionable design. I can confidently state that the materials are of the highest quality! The collar is strong and will not come off easily. Unlike the other brands I tested, it does not peel off easily, either.
I purchased a small Albion AirTag dog collar that fits my beagle nicely. Other collar sizes are also available for smaller and bigger breeds. If you want the best AirTag-compatible collar for your dog, Albion is the greatest option on the market today in my opinion. Check the price at Amazon.
- AIRTAG DOG COLLAR - PLEASE MEASURE YOUR DOG's NECK BEFORE BUYING. Whether your fluffy friend is a bit adventurous or you want to know where he is when you’re on a vacation, our air tag dog collar with an integrated AirTag holder is a perfect choice.
- TOP-NOTCH MATERIALS - This custom dog collar is made with superior quality, highly durable cow leather and microfiber lining with a smooth finish, guaranteed to survive the test of time. Your leather dog collar is also covered by a one year warranty by Albion against manufacturing defects.
- PROTECTIVE - We designed our dog tracker collar with gps with a built-in pocket that ensures a perfect fit for Apple AirTag, giving the device full functionality without the fear of losing or breaking it.
- COMFORTABLE - These gps dog collars are adjustable and have a functional, lightweight design. Moreover, they come in three sizes, ready to match your beloved doggy. Please check our size chart before ordering.
- LIMITLESS RANGE TRACKING - Our apple tag collar will allow you to track your dog anywhere in the world 24/7, no battery, wifi, or network needed. (the Apple AirTag is sold separately)
2. FollowPaw AirTag Dog Collar
The FollowPaw AirTag dog collar is made with durable and sustainable cork leather with a simple design. The collar has a tiny pouch where you can insert your AirTag. It comes in 6 colors, including basic black plus 5 bright and fun shades.
It also has a magnetic buckle which makes the collar more secure and convenient to put on your dog’s neck. What I like most about this product is that it is lightweight and easy to put on. Sometimes, putting a collar on my dog is a struggle — like playing tug of war — but with FollowPaw, it is one less of my problems.
What I don’t like about this product is that there were cracks forming on the collar after a month of use. The paint on the buckle starts to come off and the collar looks like peeling off. It’s not much of a problem now but I’m not sure how it will look after a few more months. Check the current price here.
- 📍 Compatible with Apple AirTag tracking device
- 🧲 Premium magnetic buckle for maximum convenience & longevity
- 🧵 Made of durable and sustainable cork leather
- 🇪🇺 Manufactured in Europe
3. Feeyar Reflective Apple AirTag Dog Collar
If you are looking for a budget-friendly collar that can fit AirTags, you might consider getting the Feeyar Reflective dog collar.
It is made with 900D nylon thus, the collar is durable and breathable. The AirTag can be securely inserted in its TPV dog AirTag holder. It is also constructed with heavy-grade material that is strong enough to withstand the forces of the most active dogs.
The collar also includes 360°reflection stitching. This function makes it simpler to locate your dog in low-light situations. It is available in five sizes that can fit different dog breeds.
Feeyar is actually a cheap choice. So far, it is acceptable but I would only really recommend it if you’re on a tight budget and just need something affordable that will work with your AirTag. If you want a quality collar and you have the budget, it is best to go with the Albion AirTag collar. Still, the Feeyar isn’t a bad collar at all, otherwise, it wouldn’t have even made my list. Check the current price here.
- [DESIGNED FOR APPLE AIRTAG] FEEYAR AirTag collar can keep AirTag from falling or dangling. Compared with other Air Tag holder, our integrated AirTag dog collar is more cost-effective. No need to buy additional AirTag holder for dog collar. Our Apple Air Tag collar is exactly what you need for tracking your dog safely and easily!
- [VARIOUS SIZE] Adjustable AirTag collar has 4 sizes for all Small, Medium and Large dogs. (S=12-14'', M=14-17.5'', L=16.5-20'',XL=19-21.5'') Measure your dog's neck before placing an order to ensure your dog feels most comfortable.
- [360° REFLECTION] This AirTag dog collar features reflective stitching and fully reflective edges. Easier to find your dog under darkness and low light conditions, safer for you and your dog when walking, running or jogging. Apple AirTag dog collar will escort you and your dog's night activities!
- [PREMIUM MATERIALS] Our Air Tag dog collar is made of 1000D nylon. Lined with 9mm neoprene that will protect your dog's neck from irritation when being active. Also, microfiber leather AirTag case is extremely durable to keep your AirTag staying steady and safe. FEEYAR gps dog collar is exactly what your need!
- [100% SATISFIED] We provide you with 30 days Warranty and best After-Sales Service. If you have any questions about our Air Tag dog collar, please feel free to contact us any time. You will get a dog collar with AirTag holder and 1 screwdriver by purchasing this product. (The AirTag is NOT INCLUDED)
4. KONITY Reflective AirTag Dog Collar
The KONITY Reflective AirTag Dog Collar is a great accessory for pet owners who want to keep their furry friends safe and visible during outdoor activities. Made of breathable material high-quality silicone, this collar is durable and comfortable for your pet to wear. The collar also features a reflective strip that enhances visibility in low-light conditions, ensuring your dog can be seen by motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians.
The collar has a built-in pocket designed to hold the AirTag, which can help you track your pet’s location if they ever wander off. This feature is particularly useful for pet owners who have dogs that like to explore or for those who live in areas where pets are at risk of getting lost or stolen.
The KONITY Reflective AirTag Dog Collar is available in four sizes, making it easy to find the right fit for your dog. However, some users have reported that the sizing chart can be a bit confusing, so it may be worth double-checking before making a purchase. Overall, this is an excellent collar that combines style, functionality, and technology to keep your pet safe and secure.
- 🌸【Priority Warranty】➤We're super confident you'll love this comfort nylon dog collar.Every Airtag dog collar was double checked one by one before we shipped them out. If any problems with the pet collar you received, please have no doubt to contact us,our service team will provide the best solution within 24 hours.
- 🌸【360° High Reflection】This AirTag dog collar has a uniquely designed built-in silicone AirTag case which ensures a secure fit and is compatible with the Apple AirTags.The edge of the air tag dog collar with 2 high reflective straps, which can enhance your dog's visibility in a variety of low light conditions,easily found your pet under dark environment.
- 🌸【Comfortable fit】This airtag dog collar is made of high quality nylon fabric,which is tough enough to resist forces from the most energetic dogs.It is very strong and durable while ensuring your dog is comfortable to wear and will keep your Airtag protected.
- 🌸【Easy to use】The Apple tracker tag slides onto a high-quality pet collar. It’s easy to insert your device. The quick-release buckle and D-ring hardware make it easy and quick to go.
- 🌸【Size Chart】S: Width 0.6", Neck size 8.7" -15.8"; M: Width 0.75", Neck size 12.6" -19.7"; L: Width 1", Neck size 14.1" -23.6". Note: Please measure the width of your pet's neck before purchasing.
5. Keepaws™ Tactical AirTag Collar
If you head over to Etsy, you can find a TON of really awesome AirTag dog collars, including this one from Keepaws. It comes in black, pink or green and it’s made from super durable materials. The AirTag tucks into a buttoned compartment for added security.
My favorite thing about it, though, is that you can engrave your dog’s name & phone number for free. That adds an extra layer of protection, especially since AirTags aren’t technically dog-tracking devices.
6. Personalized Leather Dog Collar with AirTag Holder
Another great pick from Etsy, this one is perfect if you want something classy and personalized without all of the bulk of a tactical collar. Like the one above, you can add your dog’s name and your phone number to give you a little more peace of mind. Unfortunately, if you have an XS dog, they can only emboss the name since the collar is so small. But for all other sizes, you get both.
This one comes in 9 really nice-looking colors. I personally love the blue. It’s neutral enough to look great on any dog but not quite as neutral as brown or black (which they also offer, by the way).
If you already have a collar that you love but just need a way to secure your AirTag to it, these holders below will work great!
1. Pup Culture Airtag Dog Collar Holder
The Pup Culture AirTag Dog Collar Holder isn’t a collar specifically, but rather an AirTag case that fits on just about any other collar. This holder is made of silicone material with water and impact-resistant technology.
This AirTag protection is great for diggers, swimmers, and energetic dogs. Your dog is free to move around as much as he wants while the AirTag remains safely protected within. This shell protects your AirTag from scratching, biting, and licking because of its robust soft material.
Since this product is just a holder you have to make sure it fits your dog’s collar. It’s not so bulky so you will not have a hard time looking for a collar that will fit it. I love its simple yet chic designs as it suits most dog collars. I got the pink one for my dog and it’s so cute! If you already have a collar that you love and just want an affordable AirTag holder for your pooch, Pup Culture is a good choice. Check the current price here.
- PUP SECURE AND IPHONE FRIENDLY. Tired of hounding your dog when he runs for the hills? Just clip your Apple AirTag to the Pup Culture AirTag Dog Collar Holder for 24/7 dog tracking, straight from your iPhone. The non-dangling case loops through the dog collar, so you don’t have to sweat your AirTag flying off your furry friend.
- LIVE GPS TRACKING WITH LOCATION HISTORY. Now you can be your dog’s personal pup-arazzi by tracking his every movement in real time. Get pinged when your dog goes out-of-bounds, and trace his last known location on Apple Maps. Once your pet is found on Lost-Mode, others can easily contact you by scanning your AirTag— so you’ll be notified when Houndini makes his grand escape.
- WITHSTANDS THE RUFF TIMES. Pup Culture’s durable silicone, water and impact resistant technology makes this AirTag protector ideal for diggers, swimmers, and playful pups. Your pooch is free to roll over to his heart’s content while the AirTag stays safely enclosed inside. Sporting a durable soft material, this casing shields your AirTag from scratching, biting, and licking.
- UNIVERSAL FIT = HAPPY DOGS. Each casing comes in seven different personalized colors, and are ergonomic for almost all kinds of dog collars (so you can use his old collar if you please). Low-profile and non-bulky, they make a snug fit for small, medium, and large dogs.
- OWNED AND OPERATED IN THE USA. No more flimsy, unsafe dog accessories from unknown origins. All of our high-performing dog products are happily designed pup-tested right in your backyard.
2. Zee.Dog Gotham AirTag Holder
Zee.Dog makes a few different AirTag holders. This one, called Gotham, is great because it matches well with just about any collar that you’re using. If you prefer something brighter, though, they have a really funky Lime option or a slightly less “wow, that’s bright” Jelly style.
Regardless of which color you go with, you’ll get an inexpensive yet durable 100% silicone holder that easily slides onto your existing collar (up to 1″ thick). At $7.99 (as of today), you really can’t go wrong with it! But if for some reason you don’t like it, Zee.Dog has a great money-back guarantee policy. They give you 60 days from the date of your purchase to return it.
Check out the different styles and current prices here.
3. Rifle Paper Co. AirTag Case for Dog Collars
The last item on our list is not a dog collar, but rather an AirTag case or holder that can be attached to your dog’s collar.
Rifle Paper Co. AirTag Case is a fashionable protection case for AirTags that attaches to dog collars and fits snugly around your pet’s neck. It is intended to accommodate dog collars up to 1 inch wide.
It is made with durable materials and the outer shell securely holds the AirTag. The AirTag will not easily fall off even when your dog is hyperactive. You can easily remove and insert your AirTag without any complexity. You can also simply put and remove the case from the dog collar if you want to change collars.
If you are looking for something where you can put your AirTag without buying another collar, then the Rifle Paper Co. AirTag Case is ideal for you.
Before we say goodbye for today, let’s just go over a few of the most common questions about using a dog collar AirTag.
Can I fit an AirTag into my dog’s collar?
You can fit an AirTag on your dog’s collar by using an AirTag case or holder similar to the ones listed above. It is difficult to just put the AirTag itself on a dog’s collar as it may fall off easily. You just have to make sure that the holder fits your dog’s collar.
Why Apple doesn’t want you to use Airtag for tracking your pets?
Apple has said repeatedly that the AirTag is intended to locate items, not humans or pets. Although it may seem apparent, I believe Apple discourages using AirTags on dogs because they do not want to be held accountable if something terrible happens.
Apple is no longer accountable for anything that occurs while using an AirTag to track pets by stating that it should not be utilized for this specific instance.
Are Apple AirTags better than dog GPS Trackers?
Let me be crystal clear about this because I’ve received a lot of feedback from readers who feel like I’m not giving AirTag enough credit as a dog GPS tracker. In my opinion (and, apparently, in Apple’s), AirTags are not better than actual dog GPS trackers by a long shot. Apple is very clear that they WILL NOT be responsible for lost pets should you choose to ignore their warnings and use an AirTag to keep track of your dog.
Additionally, since AirTag is not meant to be used for tracking pets, there are just too many things that can go wrong when using one. The device may fall out of your dog’s collar while they are on the move. If this happens, you may locate your AirTag but not your pet. Fido could end up damaging the Tag, causing it to malfunction. Plus, it’s also dangerous for your dogs if they happen to get hold of it and accidentally swallow it.
It’s also important to note that the AirTag can only communicate with other iOS devices. Because it requires other iPhones to function, it may not be the gadget you want to rely on to help you find your missing dog quickly. Popular GPS dog trackers, on the other hand, allow you to monitor your pet anywhere in the globe where there is cell coverage, over any range.
I recommend a specialized GPS tracking collar like Fi Collar or Tractive. GPS pet tracking collars are still best for tracking your dogs or cats since it is designed to be used for that intended purpose.
Are Apple AirTag Collars Water Resistant?
AirTags are not waterproof, however, they are water resistant. They are IP67 certified, which means they may be immersed up to one meter underwater for half an hour. I’m not suggesting that you should try it! If you wish to acquire an AirTag for your dog, make sure you obtain a waterproof dog Airtag holder.
Will I be notified if someone with an iPhone finds my lost dog?
Yes, as long as you enable the “Lost Mode” feature. You can leave contact information in the Find My app, so the person who finds Fido can reach you.
Can I track multiple dogs with a single iPhone and AirTag?
Yes and no. Yes, you can track more than one AirTag dog tag with a single phone. Each AirTag can be assigned a specific name or identifier within the Find My app, allowing you to track and locate each dog individually. However, all of your dogs will need their own Airtag.
Do I need an iPhone to use AirTags for my dog?
AirTags are designed to work specifically with Apple devices, so you will need one to track the location of your lost dog using the AirTag. That said, it doesn’t have to be an iPhone. You can also use your iPad or even your Mac.
It’s no surprise that AirTag is now a popular solution to track your dog. Many dog owners prefer this device over GPS-tracking dog collars because it is more convenient and economical. I’ve been pretty clear that I think actual tracking collars are a better option. However, not everyone can afford $500 or more (depending on the collar, sometimes MUCH more) for a fancy GPS collar. In that case, I do think that an AirTag collar is better than using nothing at all, especially if you frequently take your pooch on adventures.
Bottom line, while AirTag is not recommended for pet tracking purposes, I will leave it to you if you prefer to use it on your dogs and cats. Just remember, if you are going to use one on your pup, make sure you have a reliable AirTag dog collar. If you really want to track your dog and not worry then check our list of the best dog GPS collars.
If you click this link and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. 2023-12-07